Full-Frame E-Mount Telephoto Macro Lens
- A 90mm prime telephoto lens with 1:1 macro capability, it provides an f/2.8 maximum aperture for low light effectiveness and shallow depth of field control. Compatible with full-frame E-Mount cameras, it can also be used on APS-C E-Mount cameras with an angle of view equivalent to a 135mm lens in the 35mm/full-frame format.
- Internal Focusing
- Only the middle groups of the optical system move to achieve focus, so the overall length of the lens does not change. Other important benefits include fast autofocus and a short minimum focusing distance. Also, the filter thread at the front of the lens does not rotate, which is convenient if you’re using a polarizing filter.
- Focus Hold Button
- Once you’ve adjusted focus to where you want it, pressing this button on the lens barrel will keep the lens locked to that focusing distance. The preview function can also be assigned to this button through the camera’s custom settings.
- Focus Range Limiter
- This function allows you to set a limit on the focusing range which can save you time during AF operation as the lens will not ‘hunt’ through the entire focusing range. On this macro lens, three ranges are supported: Full, infinity to 19.7″ and 11″ to 19.7″.
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- Quiet, precise DDSSM focus drive employs piezoelectric elements oscillating at ultrasonic frequencies to drive the focus lens groups. In this case two floating focus groups are driven by independent DDSSM systems for precision positioning of the relatively heavy lenses required for macro photography. The system is remarkably quiet, making it ideal for animal and insect photography, as well as for video recording. It also improves the precision of “focus wobble” employed to achieve optimum focus when shooting movies.
- Lens-Based Optical Image Stabilization
- Gyro sensors built into the lens detect even the slightest movement, and the stabilization lens is precisely shifted to counteract any image blur that might occur. The use of precision, quiet linear motors and technology inherited from high-end Sony professional camcorders results in exceptionally quiet, effective image stabilization that contributes to high-quality movies as well as stills.